The Fox & Goose Inn in Hebden Bridge, is a privately-owned, traditional pub, serving quality real ales in comfortable, congenial surroundings.
The pub runs twice-yearly beer festivals, weekly quiz nights (Mondays) and regular music sessions; fortnightly on Tuesday there is an open mike night and every Wednesday evenings a folk night. We also welcome musicians to drop in and play at any time.
The Fox & Goose is well-known for being dog friendly to well behaved dogs
What the Fox & Goose does have:
- Good beer Quality cask-conditioned real ales form micro breweries, a selection of ciders and continental bottled beers.
- The pub was chosen as Halifax and Calderdale CAMRA Pub of the Year for 2004 and 2006, and in 2006 we were awarded the accolade of CAMRA Yorkshire Pub of the Year (Runner Up)
- A warm welcome Everyone is welcome at the Fox & Goose, reflecting the Hebden Bridge community’s inclusive ethos. You can come in wearing walking boots, cycling gear or your glad rags to have a drink and a chat, or simply sit quietly and read.
- Beer garden – The hillside beer garden is a peaceful haven, well above the busy road with spectacular views where you can sit and read, enjoy a picnic, play with the dogs or just soak up the sun. The garden was built sustainably using materials found on site or in the immediate locality – for instance all the wood used was grown within a few miles of the pub. The garden abounds with visual and textural drama and a planting scheme designed to excite the sense of smell using a multitude of herbs, lavendars and other scented plants.
What the Fox & Goose doesn’t have:
- Noisy gaming machines, a juke box or any flashing lights
- A wide screen plasma telly
- An extensive gourmet menu or a ban on eating your own food
- A selection of keg beers or lagers, alcopops or Eurofizz
Come in and join us and get to know the Fox & Goose family for yourself.